STATEN ISLAND, NY — The leaves have fallen and the pumpkin on the front porch is sparkling with frost, so it’s officially time to cozy up and watch some Hallmark Christmas movies, or at least play them in the background while you decorate the house and wrap presents.
Hallmark’s 2022 movie lineup boasts 31 titles, and if you have cable, the easiest way to tune in is to head over to the Hallmark Channel or Hallmark Movies & Mysteries.
Aren’t you so lucky?
Then it gets a bit trickier, but it’s not impossible to watch and stream Hallmark Christmas Movies 2022.
In the spirit of giving, Good Housekeeping has put together a guide to watching Hallmark Christmas movies without cable.
Watch and stream live
Several streaming services will let you watch live TV and recordings anytime, at a fraction of the price. That includes Hallmark tears.
- Peacock: One of the easiest ways to stream this year’s latest Hallmark Christmas movies is through the Hallmark Center at Peacock, NBCUniversal’s streaming service. For $5 a month, you can watch the Hallmark Channel, Hallmark Movies & Mysteries and Hallmark Drama live and on demand through the Peacock app and PeacockTV.com. You can try it for free by signing up for a trial.
- YouTube television: For $65 a month, you can watch the Hallmark Channel, Hallmark Drama and Hallmark Movies & Mysteries 24 hours a day, plus over 100 other channels.
- Sling: For $35 a month, subscribers get 40 channels (Lifetime, Hallmark and ESPN) and nine additional channels, including the Hallmark Channel and Hallmark Drama, as part of the Lifestyle Extra package.
- Philon: The flat rate here is $25 a month. For that, subscribers get more than 60 channels, including Hallmark’s three channels, HGTV, and Lifetime. Interested? Give it a try with a 7-day free trial. And your first month is only $20.
- fuboTV: Starter package (138 channels, 1000 hours of DVR space and screen sharing capability) starts at $70 per month. Before you splurge, you can try it out with a one-week free trial.
- TV friendly: For a cheaper alternative, get 40 cable channels, including all three Hallmark channels, for $7 a month. Right now, you can sign up for a free seven-day trial and connect it with Roku, Amazon Fire TV, or Chromecast.
- hallmark channel everywhere: While Hallmark’s free streaming service usually requires a cable login, they always unblock a few Christmas movies this time of year. If you have cable, you can use this service to stream live programming on your phone, tablet, or other compatible devices.
After they air
If you get caught up in a shopping and wrapping frenzy and miss a live movie on TV, don’t panic. Some streaming services give you the option to watch new releases within a few days of their initial airtime:
- Peacock allows you to watch new movies on demand for 72 hours after they premiere.
- fuboTV it has a Lookback feature that allows users to watch any movie or TV show up to 27 hours after its original air time.
- If the movie is part of Sling’s TV On Demand or Update schedule, you can watch it later or even record the movie with Cloud DVR Plus for viewing at a later date.
Old Hallmark Christmas Movies
Hallmark movies aren’t on Netflix or Hulu, but some of the classics are available to rent or buy on Amazon. You can also catch some of your all-time favorite Christmas movies at Peacock’s new Hallmark center.
Also, check out the “Movies and Mistletoe” event at Hallmark Movies Now. Every month, it releases popular Christmas movies from previous years. Get started with a free trial, then pay $6 for a monthly subscription or $60 for an annual subscription.