If you are a new Instagram user, you will need to learn how to share your Instagram profile link. This can come in handy when you need to link your Instagram with other social media platforms like YouTube or Facebook. But sharing Instagram profile links can be tricky, since most people search for the people they want to find by their usernames, not the URL.
In this guide, you’ll learn how to find, copy, and share an Instagram profile link, whether you’re doing it on your PC, Mac, Android, or iOS device.
How to find and copy your Instagram profile link on your Android and iPhone
Copying a direct link seems like the easiest way to share an Instagram profile link. However, that option is not available if you are using the Instagram app. Fortunately, there is a solution for this.
Make your own Instagram profile link
All Instagram profile links are made up of three parts: the Instagram website address (https://www.instagram.com), a forward slash (/), and a username. That means if you just add a forward slash and your username to the Instagram website address, you’ll get your Instagram profile link.
It should look something like this: instagram.com/username.
You can copy this link to any other social network you want.
Sometimes people just don’t know their usernames. If that’s the case, you’ll need to look up your username in your profile. That is how:
1. Open Instagram.
2. Tap your profile photo icon in the bottom right corner of your screen. This will take you to your profile.
3. Your username will be displayed in the upper left corner of the profile page.
Take note of their username so that you can create your Instagram profile link with it. Based on the example above, the link for this profile should be www.instagram.com/dag_tairwi.
An alternative is to go to Edit profileand in the username section you can find your username.
Share your QR code
Instagram comes with a very convenient feature to share a QR code for your profile. By scanning the QR code you share, other people will be able to see your IG profile.
1. Open the Instagram app.
2. Go to your profile by touching your profile photo in the bottom right corner of the screen.
3. Tap the hamburger menu in the upper right corner.
4. Select QR code from the new popup menu.
5. Once your QR code is displayed on the screen, you can take a screenshot and share it.
6. Or you can touch the share icon and send it to other social networks or private messages.
Find someone else’s Instagram profile link
Finding and copying someone else’s Instagram profile link is easy. As long as you can see the user’s profile, you can find their URL. Here is how to do it:
1. Open the Instagram app on your smartphone.
2. Find the profile whose link you want to copy.
3. Tap on Plus. He is represented by the three-dot icon in the upper right corner of the screen.
4. Find and tap copy profile url.
That is all! You can use the copied link to paste it anywhere you want. To do it on a mobile device, just tap where you want to copy it and hold. The paste option should appear.
How to Find and Copy Your Instagram Profile URL on Mac or PC
If you use the web version of Instagram, copying and sharing your Instagram profile link is pretty straightforward.
1. Go to www.instagram.com.
2. Click on your profile icon.
3. Copy the URL displayed in the URL bar. You can click once on it to select and copy it by pressing the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+Cor right-click and search Copy on the menu.
4. You can paste the copied URL wherever you want, in the DM, in the Instagram posts or in your Youtube profile. Use the keyboard shortcut CTRL+V to paste, or right-click where you want to share and find the paste option.
How to share an Instagram profile to your Instagram story
If you want to promote someone by sharing their profile link to their Instagram story, you can do so with the mention feature. Follow these steps:
1. Open your Instagram mobile app.
2. Create and customize an Instagram story as usual.
3. Touch AA to start writing.
4. Type “@” immediately followed by the username of the person you want to mention. Your profile will be suggested. Tap their profile photo.
5. Touch Done and share your story.
How to share an Instagram profile link on Facebook
Meta (the company behind Instagram and Facebook) allows you to link Instagram accounts to Facebook accounts. This feature greatly facilitates the work of digital marketers. You can promote businesses and share stories on both platforms simultaneously. But it wouldn’t hurt to physically add a link to your Instagram profile, on your Facebook page.
You can make a Facebook post with your Instagram URL or copy the Instagram profile link to the “About” section of Facebook.
How to create a Facebook post with your Instagram URL
You can easily do this. If you know how to create a Facebook post, you can easily share your Instagram profile to Facebook. Simply create your Instagram URL by adding your username to the Instagram web address. If you are using a PC or Mac, you can copy the link from your browser’s address bar. Then follow these steps:
1. Go to your Facebook account.
2. Create a post from the What do you have in mind section.
3. Write a few words of introduction to your Instagram profile and paste the link.
4. Select Mail.
How to share your Instagram profile in the “About” section of Facebook
Whenever someone decides to explore your Facebook profile, they will easily see the link to your Instagram account. Here’s how you can share it via Facebook’s About section:
1. Go to your Facebook account.
2. Click on your name and profile picture in the upper left corner of the screen to go to your profile.
3. Go to Edit profile page.
4. Scroll down to Edit your information about and click on it.
5. Select Basic and contact information.
6. Find the Website & Social Links section and go to Add a Social Link.
7. A drop down menu will appear, choose instagram.
8. Enter your Instagram username in the empty field.
That is all! Now let’s take a look at WhatsApp and see how you can use it to share your Instagram profile link.
How to share Instagram profile link in WhatsApp status
To set your Instagram profile link in WhatsApp status, follow these steps:
1. Open your WhatsApp on your mobile device.
2. Go to Condition.
3. To edit your status, tap the pencil icon and start typing.
4. Type your Instagram URL. You can also copy and paste it from the web browser.
Once you’re done, tap the green submit button. Your new status will be shared with all your WhatsApp contacts.
Sharing an Instagram profile link is a basic action, but it’s tricky if you don’t know where to look. Also, Instagram changes over time because it is constantly being updated with new features, so make sure you keep up with the updates.