The beta version and preview of Minecraft: Bedrock Edition 22.214.171.124 was released on November 23, 2022.
Like the recent snapshot made available by its Java counterpart, this Bedrock Edition beta features content planned for the upcoming 1.20 update. This includes piglin heads, the ability to place mob heads on note blocks to play sounds, bamboo wood blocks, rafts, and bug fixes.
Bedrock Edition players can access the beta through Microsoft and Mojang’s preview program on Windows, Android, and Xbox.
An iOS version of the preview is not yet available. However, Mojang stated in a recent support post that he was working to fix the issue.
The download process for the latest Minecraft Bedrock preview differs from platform to platform.
Depending on the platform players are using, the method of participating in the Bedrock 126.96.36.199 preview program is different.
Windows gamers can use the Minecraft Launcher to preview Bedrock or Xbox Game Pass if they have an active subscription.
Android gamers using Pocket Edition have their own method through the Google Play Store, while Xbox gamers can use a similar option.
How to Download the Latest Bedrock Preview – Windows
- Open the Minecraft launcher.
- Once the launcher is open, select the Bedrock Edition tab on the left.
- Click on the preview tab above the cover.
- Click the green install button and enjoy the preview once the download is complete.
- Alternatively, if you have an Xbox Game Pass subscription, you can head over to https://www.xbox.com/en-us/games/store/minecraft-preview-for-windows/9p5x4qvlc2xr to install the latest preview.
How to download the latest preview version of Bedrock – Android
- If you haven’t opted into the preview program before, go to https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.mojang.minecraftpe and select the “Become a tester” button.
- Head over to the game’s page on the Google Play Store and install it. If it’s already installed, the beta version should install automatically, just like an ordinary update on your device.
- Once the download is complete, just open the game and enjoy. If you wish to disenroll at a later date, return to the link in Step 1 and click “Leave Program.”
How to download the latest preview version of Bedrock – Xbox
- If you own a copy of the game or subscribe to Game Pass, look for Minecraft Preview from your dashboard. Once the product page has loaded, simply select the “Install” button.
- When the installation is complete, go back to your dashboard and select the new preview app that appeared and enjoy the game.
Hopefully, in the next few days, Mojang will be able to pinpoint the compatibility issues with iOS so that users can join in on the fun as well.
It’s unclear if this will require an alternate download method rather than traditionally opting in through Apple’s App Store, but hopefully this won’t be the case. Either way, players looking to enjoy the preview on iOS should keep an eye out for official releases from Mojang in the near future.