Recently, Windows 10 users encountered a new error 0xc1900201 while performing an in-place update on their devices. In this post, we will discuss the probable reasons that can cause this error in the first place. If you are a regular user of Windows 10, you must have encountered various error codes while performing various tasks on your computer. Of these errors, the recently reported Windows update error 0xc1900201 occurs while trying to install a Windows 10 feature update. In this article, we will try to teach you how to fix Windows Update download error 0xc1900201.
Update error 0xc1900201 usually occurs when Windows 10 has less disk space than required. Bad sectors in memory or unnecessarily stored cache can also cause similar errors. Running the Windows Update Troubleshooter and renaming update folders are two promising ways to fix this problem. Here are the steps to resolve Windows Update download error 0xc1900201.
4 Ways to Fix Windows Update Download Error 0xc1900201
Extend system reserved partition
- The first step is to create a system repair disk for anything that might go wrong.
- Install and download EaseUS Partition Manager.
- Install this nifty tool and then run it.
- Choose your system partition, make sure you select one where you originally installed Windows 10 (usually it’s C 🙂
- Tap Resize/Move.
- In the Set size and position drop-down list below, reduce the value for available disk space by approximately 600 MB.
- Then you will see the Unallocated free and unreserved space; You can then restart your PC.
- Once the boot process is complete, press Windows Key + R to access the elevated command prompt.
- At the command line, type diskmgmt.msc and press Enter.
- Next, right-click on the System Reserved Partition option and select the Extend Volume option.
- Paste the Unallocated space you created to the System Reserved partition, and then save the changes.
- Reboot your PC and start updating process from the beginning.
Use the media creation tool
- Get the Media Creation Tool software first.
- Run the app and allow the License Terms.
- Select Upgrade this PC and then the download process will begin.
- After downloading the files, the Media Creation Tool will start updating Windows.
- Please allow up to 2 hours, depending on your Windows 10 version and bandwidth.
Perform a fresh reinstall
If you get nothing constructive from the above methods, you’ll need to do a fresh install with a fresh start. After updating your PC, it will be packaged with Windows version 1709, which is Fall Creators Update.
Be sure to follow the clean reinstall process, which you can usually find on the internet. The process is simple, for which you must first uninstall the latest version of Windows 10 that is available on your system and then install the latest version from the Microsoft Store.
- Open your computer and log in as administrator.
- In the start button interface, you need to choose “All Programs > Accessories > System Tools”.
- After this, you can tap on the System Restore option available here.
- A new window will open where you will need to choose “Restore my computer to an earlier time” and then tap Next.
- Prefer the recent system restore point from the dropdown list and then hit Next.
- In the confirmation window, you have to press the Next option again.
- Restart your computer after completing the restore procedure.
We hope our article on methods to fix Windows Update download error 0xc1900201 will help you and solve all your problems. Various errors appear while using the Windows 10/11 operating system. One of the most recent is the error 0xc1900201. If you want to know how to fix this problem, follow the steps mentioned above.
I hope you understand this article, How to fix Windows Update download error 0xc1900201.