The state of Michigan wants Bama.
The Spartans open the Phil Knight Invitational in Portland with a Thanksgiving matchup against the No. 18 Crimson Tide. From there, he’ll move on to two as-yet-undetermined opponents on Friday and Sunday in one of Michigan State’s toughest scheduling stretches of the season.
- Watch the Michigan State Spartans on FuboTV (7-day free trial)
- Who: No. 12 Michigan State (3-1) vs. No. 18 Alabama (4-0)
- When: 22:30 ET on November 24
- Where: Fashion Center, Portland, Oregon.
- Last line: al-1
- Visit MLive sportsbook for the latest sports betting odds and promotions
Television network: ESPN
- FuboTV (7-day free trial): Stream live sports and TV with ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC, ESPN and the best channels without cable. DVR included. Start watching for free. No contract, cancel whenever you want.
- Honda | Watch ESPN | Hulu + Live TV | YouTube television
Major cable providers
- Comcast: Channel 32/202 (HD) | Transmission
- Spectrum: Channel 34/773 (HD) | Transmission
- Dish: Channel 140 | Transmission
- DIRECTV: Channel 209 | Transmission
*Channel numbers listed are for Michigan subscribers and may change based on geographic area. Check local listings.
Radio network: Spartan Media Network
- Affiliates: WJR-AM 760 Detroit; WJIM-AM 1240/WMMQ-FM 94.9 Lansing; 22 other Michigan-based affiliates listed on MSUSpartans.com
- Live Stream: MSUSpartans.com | iPhone application | android app
- Satellite: Sirius Cap. 134; XM Channel 190; SiriusXM.com Ch. 961
• Michigan State and Alabama have played just twice before: in 1998, a 75-58 Michigan State win, and in 1983, an 81-69 Alabama win.
• Michigan State sophomore guard Jaden Akins is questionable for Thursday’s game after suffering a left foot injury late in the Spartans’ game against Villanova on Friday.
• Alabama freshman forward Brandon Miller is averaging a team-high 20.3 points per game, ranks second on the team with 9.3 rebounds per game and is shooting 51.7 percent from field. He was named SEC Freshman of the Week on Monday.
• Michigan State will play either Oregon or Connecticut on Friday in its second PKI game. On Sunday, the Spartans will play North Carolina, Villanova, Iowa State or Portland.
• Alabama coach Nate Oats spent 11 seasons as head coach at Romulus High School from 2002-2013 and won the 2013 MHSAA Class A state title at the Breslin Center. He previously worked as a coach at Michigan State’s summer basketball camps.
Nate Oats ‘never dreamed of’ training against Tom Izzo, Michigan State
Scouting the PKI field: A look at Michigan State’s potential opponents in Portland
Michigan State rededicated itself to defense and the results are showing
Michigan State’s Jaden Akins unsure again after reinjuring his foot
What we’ve learned about Michigan State through four games